Tuesday 8 July 2014

New job, under pressure

I left my old job, the one making electronic fags. I was sick of the hours and my horrible boss.
Now I'm in my new job, it's ok in some respects. I'm so pleased to have a nice team leader, it's so nice to be spoken to with respect. I never ad that in my previous job. I like the environment too, it's very chilled out and everyone so far is nice. I'm keeping myself to myself. In my last job I got hassled everyday off this guy, he just wanted to talk just to pass the time, just to make his day go quicker but it dragged for me, even on my breaks he would see me reading and interrupt just because he was bored. I'm so pleased to be away from him. It's so nice in my new job to be able to read my book in peace.
Everything is good apart from one thing.......the actual job.

I'm soldering minute wires under a microsope. It's so hard. I can't even solder, I tried so many times over the years and now I've been thrown in he deep end. I have three weeks to get it right, otherwise they will get rid of me, that's the part I don't like. Talk about pressure. There are other jobs there that I could do. There is a computer design program, where we design the product in 3D, then it will be printed in plastic (I make hearing aids) there is a 20 year old stonehead learning that job, sitting there bored with his arms crossed. I could do that job, come on.
But I have the hardest naturally. I hope I learn this skill, I hope I keep this job, otherwise I will have to start looking for another job quick.
It's not nice being responsible for yourself sometimes, I have no one to rely on here really, except myself and there are times when I feel like everything is falling apart.
At the time of writing, I'. -900 withdrawn in my account, I'm waiting on gig money from my band to be paid in just so I can eat, if anything goes wrong with my car I'm done for financially,and with the threat of being layed off in three weeks, I really worry about the future.
I'm sick of worrying.


Well it's been five weeks now (at the time of writing this sentence and I'm no further forward with this job.
Sick of listening to these young guys around me having a good laug, god I must be old, that's the sure sign I guess. There is nothing interesting about them. They even noticed that today. They know that I only engage in conversation if I find it interesting, which I think is the idea of conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment