Thursday 23 July 2015

Bottling things up, and not discussing the problem.

EVERYTHING BELOW IS FICTIONAL !!

I am sick of this chap I've been living with for a the last three months.
I rue the day I met this guy, he saw me coming that's for sure. I was desperate for a place to stay, he was desperate for a flatmate.
He basically doesn't work, not work as we know it. He's trying to get by solely by being a musician. Very admirable indeed.
That's fine, I'm all for that. UNTIL it affects me. and this guy has been doing anything he can to get away with not paying anything.

He is a self employed musician which means he's skint.

I work every day, he stays in every day (working on an album) he's in using the electricity / gas / water (his showers last for at least 30 minutes at a time, so long that I have to run to the pub if i need the toilet) he uses all that water at least 30 mins a day, can you imagine? We take turns buying coffee and tea and milk, that seems fair.....but.......he's in ALL day EVERY DAY, using electricity,gas,water, coffee, tea, milk.....I'm out of the house working for 8 hours......not using electricity,gas,water,tea,coffee......and we are splitting everything 50/50????? Come on...he's got a good deal there. I wouldn't be complete twat and ask him to pay two thirds of all that, but you see my point, when I get in after work and see him doing fuck all, just watching T.V. working on his new album, drinking the coffee and so on, it starts to grind me down. multiply that by months and you're really pissed off, as am I right now.
What else?
HE NEVER OFFERS ME PETROL MONEY.
HE WILL TAKE MY BEER AND SAY HE WILL REPLACE THEM...BUT NEVER DOES.
HE GETS ME TO PAY FULL COUNCIL TAX SAYING ITS MY RESPONSIBILITY (EVEN THOUGH BOTH OUR NAMES ARE ON THE BILL)
LET ME EXPLAIN...
We both pay £250 rent
he pays roughly £40 water a month
I now pay £44 council tax.
I also pay £25 for the internet that he wont pay.
he says that's mine, my responsibility even though he's in ALL DAY EVERY DA~Y using it.
I fucking hate him.

And I hate myself MORE for being so spineless and letting him walk all over me.
I don't like confrontations you see, so I usually bottle things up.
This guy has been walking over me for months. It's a horrible feeling knowing you've let yourself be walked on and humiliated, knowing THEY know you're spineless, knowing they can get away with it, time and time again.
You see I do two things, I keep quiet or I explode, I can't do the calm middle ground. The sensible intelligent ground. I just want to hit them.

Now I'm in a situation where I have left the property, I had to get out of there, I couldn't stand him shitting on me, AND the terrible area I lived in. I couldn't wait to get away from him.
But unfortunately, I am bound in a contract with HIM, myself and a letting agent, I can't leave unless, we BOTH leave...OR we find a new tenant, which I have been trying to do.
I gave HIM and the letting agent...plenty of notice in an email,...BUT Unfortunately the contract still states...we BOTH need to give notice.
ALTHOUGH i DID tell him my plans WEEKS ago...
Now even if we give notice, I still have to pay rent on a property I don't live in, so he gets an extra month on his own to find someone to replace me.OR he may decide to stay and make me keep paying, depending if he's a twat or not.

I rue the day I met this guy, he's a piece of work, I want to break his nose, I really do. I't s a shame I'm spineless, I have thoughts of saying goodbye to him them smashing my fist in his face and flattering that nose of his, just as a mark of disrespect.

Or maybe the alternative would be to sit down with a cup of tea and scones and discuss this as two mature adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment