Sunday 11 May 2014

My parents in america 4

I am not exactly sure of all the circumstances with my parents in America. I know they always told me how cheap things were to buy there, how efficient things were, but my mothers life was not very good and in a sense I think she missed her family, after all my mother was only a young woman in her early twenties with two children and a husband she rarely saw.

Something happened, something that threw everything in chaos and my mother came back to Scotland with my sisters leaving my dad behind to continue working. All I know about this time is that the 'Rose & Crown' had gone under or was losing money / had lost money and my dad had took some job on that was almost like torture to him. I remember him telling me he had to do something like paint / strip paint or re - decorate an entire building on his own. He was exhausted, and was sleeping in some dingy rented room somewhere, he told me he was starving and lost weight and was eating things like mars bars just to stay alive and finish this doomed job, which he did. Quite a frightening and desperate image for me to imagine.

My dad returned to Scotland and during his stay, ended up in hospital with pneumonia, again I do not know the details but I know he nearly died, I know he was on the 'death ward', and I remember him telling me he had an outer body experience. I always thought my dad was sceptical about these kinds of things but one day he opened up and told me.
He said he was on the death ward with a religious fanatic to his right who kept on preaching about how god was waiting for everyone in heaven to arrive and that they MUST NOT BE AFRAID, and accept the lord when they passed over. Later that night the preachers screams were heard throughout the ward as he fought to stay alive, and how he didn't want to pass over, he was frightened of death. My dad hated religious people probably for that reason, that they are deluded hypocrites, something which I have inherited & thank him for. Because...death IS frightening, and life IS beautiful, who would want to leave it behind?
My dad was so Ill he said he saw himself on the hospital bed as if he were looking down upon himself. He believed that this is simply your body dying and your mind is preparing for death OR telling yourself to pull yourself together and STAY ALIVE. Which I believe also. My mother allegedly had a similar experience in later years where she claimed to have seen the bright white light, she also believed it was her body fighting to stay alive.

So back to my parents. They were living in Scotland, my mother & sisters lived somewhere in Rutherglen..

No comments:

Post a Comment