Sunday 11 May 2014

My mother cured me with Lemon Barley Water

At the time of this writing I am ill with the flu.

Having the flu, or being ill always makes me want to be near my mam. Is this the same for you? It's awful to think that at this moment my mam is really severely ill with C.O.P.D. and other ailments yet, I am not there for her.

I'm a such a hypocrite.

Well at the moment I am nursing myself back to health with tablets and Lemon Barley Water and it is this that takes me back to when I was a kid, an ill kid.

My mam would always be there with some Lemon Barley Water, a cold flannel for my forehead and maybe a hot water bottle, and it's strange because once you know your mother is there, you kind of feel better, well at least, I did.

These are the moments that my sister seems to forget, or maybe she was not treated as well as me I am not sure.
However i treasure these little moments even though it's not nice to be ill, it's nice knowing your mother is there to make everything alright.

I just wish my parents would be here forever. As do you, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment